• What is the difference between climate-controlled and temperature & humidity controlled storage?
control involves any number of processes used by storage companies to protect
customer belongings from weather. Unfortunately, most facilities with climate
control are not actually protecting customer belongings from region specific
weather conditions. In southern Louisiana, humidity is the biggest threat to
stored items and humidity control is our main focus at A Storage Inn. We take
all necessary measures, including monitoring moisture levels, to ensure that
humidity won’t affect the quality of your items. Contact your facility manager
to learn more.
• What is the benefit of having a manager who lives on-site?
receive peace of mind knowing that a manager lives on-site and is watching over
their items. Our on-site managers watch over our storage warehouses at all
hours of the day, and are available to assist you during office hours.
• Do you provide renter’s insurance?
Storage facilities do not provide insurance for customer belongings. However,
we do offer Ponderosa self storage insurance available for purchase when
renting from us.
• Is there a way to calculate how much storage space I will need?
Our website has a storage calculator that you can use to estimate the amount of space needed for your items. The calculator makes estimates based on units with 8 foot ceilings, but our units range from 10 feet to 14 feet high so you will actually be able to store more.
• What is the easiest way to pay my bill?
Our website has an online bill pay option. Click on the link and follow the payment instructions.
• What do I need to bring if I want to rent a unit?
Prospective renters are required to bring a driver’s license and a form of payment.
• What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards.
• Am I required to give notice before moving out?
Tenants must give a five-day notice prior to moving out. You will also be required to fill out a vacate slip with your current mailing address.
• How long is my lease?
Each contract is a monthly agreement and will be automatically renewed at the beginning of each month unless a vacate notice is given.
• Are there any items you do not allow to be stored?
You may not store any items restricted in your contract including (but not limited to): flammables, perishables, or anything illegal. Please consult with your facility manager to determine items that are not permitted.
• How do I change my contact and payment information?
All changes to personal information must be completed in writing. Mail or email changes to your account to your particular facility.
• When can I access my unit?
Please review your specific facility page for access and office hours, or contact your manager for details.